Can’t wait to see guild halls at E3!!
Geodes, Bandit Crests, Pristine Fractal Relics are FINALLY going into the wallet!
Skill points are turning into Spirit Shards:
- Tomes of knowledge will level you up if you are under level 80 and give one spirit shard if you’ve reached level 80.
- Writs of experience can only be used if you’re under level 80, and they can be traded in to Miyani for a tome of knowledge at a rate of 20 writs per tome.
- Leveling up after level 80 no longer grants skill points, but level 80 characters will be able to loot spirit shards off of monsters.
- Any scrolls of knowledge that you have in your possession will automatically be converted to spirit shards, and any source that used to award scrolls of knowledge will now grant spirit shards.
Here are some of the more interesting things in today’s “DoTs and Dashes” post concerning an upcoming patch.
- Burning and Poison will now stack intensity.
- Confusion has 2 parts now: constant damage over time and damage on attack.
- Vulnerability now affects condition damage too.
- Movement skills (leaps, etc) will no longer be affected by conditions like cripple, chill, etc.
“Essentially, conditions are too effective right now without investing points into the condition-damage stat. We will significantly lower the base damage on damaging conditions while increasing how much they scale with the condition-damage stat.”
This change will help out with condition damage balance a lot IMHO. It will also break some of the effectiveness of Celestial Amulet.
It’s almost time to put on those theory crafting hats: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/come-home-to-lions-arch-in-the-next-update/
Core specializations are also on their way, bringing updates to traits and skills for each profession and making it easier than ever to create the builds you want to play.
Loving where the trait system is going! Can’t wait to get my hands on it to do some theory crafting!